Monday, October 13, 2008

mmmmm Fall Break

I love autumn.
I also am finally falling in love with vacations.
Unlike most students, or really, most people in general, I usually HATE vacations. Any sort of disruption of my daily routine normally sends me into a funk that I struggle to get out of. I need to be busy, I need to know what each day will consist of activity and objective-wise. But this break has been different.
Perhaps it's because I really, really needed this break. School is going well, work (all three of them!) is going well...but combined....I was beginning to burn out. Coming home has definately been good for me. Have I been able to lounge around on the couch all day? No. Have I slept till noon? No. Have I slept past 7:30 for that matter- NO! BUT- I feel much more rested, less stressed, and able to conquer my assignments.
Today has been a very productive day, for which I'm thankful. I woke up this morning, got to see my mother before she went to work, then went for a walk/jog around the neighborhood. I then went to my annual physical, which I had been dreading, but now feel alright about. After the doctor and blood tests (and shot!) I ran some errands, ate lunch, spent time with Sophie (our Great Dane) outside, then got a lot of e-mails and phone calls taken care of. And it's not even 1 o'clock yet. : )
Last night I had a really wonderful conversation, which helped put me at ease about several things. It's comforting to know that there ARE people out there who understand where you're coming from, and need to take things at the same pace as you.
Now that I've posted something on here, it's time to get back to my To Do List.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment