Sunday, September 6, 2009

First Week Recap

I did it- I survived my first week of theological studies. Yippee!!! It has been a really awesome week. I like all of my classes, and am looking forward to what I will learn from them. Choir is going to be a lot of fun, and Ultimate on Friday was a blast. We had a birthday party for a fellow student Thursday night, attended a gathering on Friday, then I had a few people over Saturday. This morning I wore several hats in church- everyone was on vacation! I was the organist, led the service, and preached. Everything went very well, and it was so nice to look out in the congregation and see the first few pews full of my new Drew friends, there to support me. Thank you guys so much! I am blessed to know them, and it's only been one week! Well, two if you count orientation...
This upcoming week should be good. Labor Day is tomorrow, and we are having a small BBQ over at the theo. dorms. Thursday is my first day working in the theo. admissions office, and then Friday through Saturday is a fall retreat at Ocean Grove. Sunday is the first youth group meeting, so I'll be gearing up for that. Yup, it's going to be a good week.

Peace and blessings to all.

PS: I don't have hot water...thankfully, everyone has been very generous and offered me the use of their showers. Hopefully this won't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment