Monday, January 2, 2012

2011-2012

Happy New Year!

It's that time of year where bloggers (even bad ones, like myself) share reflections on the past year or hopes for the new one... or both! Seeing as how I haven't posted anything, not even a single sermon, since August, you would think that I would have a lengthy catch-up post in store for you.

I don't. Feel free to thank me... you're welcome.

It was a rather routine, uneventful semester, for which I am extremely grateful. I loved my classes, and did very well in all of them (even Christian ethics, which I thought would be a miserable endeavor). I'll write some reflections on my classes later, once my brain has finished recovering from finals. Things at the church have remained the same, things at the admissions office have changed, and Evan and I celebrated 6 months of marriage on Christmas Day. Alleluia! We've beaten Kim Kardashian and that singer... whatshername? Oh yes, Sinead. So all in all, not a bad year. : )

BUT-

2012 is going to be even better!

Certainly more stressful, but also much more eventful. Here is a brief list of all the things you can look forward to potentially hearing me write about (or not, since my studies and work will probably keep me so busy I don't have time to blog):

*fill out my CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) application
*DO CPE
*write my provisional papers- this is ordination related, for those who aren't also writing the same things
*go before the District Committee to have said papers approved
*continue taking classes at Drew
*continue working at The United Methodist Church in Madison
*celebrate Evan's graduation, my youngest sister's graduation, and my father's 50th birthday!

Hmm- it seemed like there was a lot more going on than this, but really, it IS going to be a busy year. : )

So, happy new year to all! It's time for me to get writing.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment