Tuesday, October 12, 2010

28 Day Whole Body Action Plan

I forgot to mention earlier...
I've been wanting to try this plan for a while now, and decided that Reading Week was the perfect time to get started. Part of it involves journaling, so I'll be sharing how I feel and all up here.
Today is technically Day 2, and so far I haven't done very well. I had eggs and cheese for breakfast, a tuna melt for lunch, and I've had lots and lots of coffee! Days 1-3 are supposed to prepare your body for a 4 day detox, and I basically ate a ton of stuff I should be avoiding.
Oops.
So I'm sitting here now, drinking my water like I should. I also just did a fitness test, to see where I am right now.
Friends, I am embarrassed to share this.
It's bad.
I mean really, really bad.

Want to see how bad?
Cardio endurance: After 3 minutes of stepping up and down off of a 12in bench, my heart rate was 130. This equals "poor" on the scale of great, average, and poor.
Arm strength: I managed to do 12 modified push ups before my arms said "no more." Result? Average.
Core strength: I couldn't even hold the plank pose for 20 seconds. VERY poor.
Flexibility: poor
So, I have a lot to work on during these 28 days. Tonight for supper? Leftover falafel, and herbal tea.
YUM! (and relatively good for you too!)

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment