Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Summer's almost over...

and I am actually saddened by this. I am one of those weird people that normally doesn't like summer. I am so routine driven, that when it gets disrupted by winter break, vacations, and especially summertime, I tend to be/become miserable. However, this summer has been SO busy, I am finding that I didn't accomplish nearly as much as I would have liked to. Here is a quick recap of my summer (prepare yourself, this is pretty crazy):

May:
end of classes and finals
trip to Maine
begin working summer hours in the admissions office

June:
Baltimore-Washington Annual Conference
trip to Maryland for Lauren's graduation
back to MD for my certification interview
up to Massachusetts for the New England Annual Conference

July:
cross-cultural trip to Taize, France
Vacation Bible
my first funeral (all by myself!)
filling in as pastor, secretary, organist at the church

August:
quick jaunt down to MD
trip up to Maine (where Evan got certified- yay!)
BACK down to MD....

...and now it is less than a week before classes start, and I am at my desk in the admissions office, thinking of all the planning I need to do for fall programs that start in less than a month. Gah!

On a brighter note, today is mine and Evan's 11th "month-iversary". Yay! After work we are going to the gym (we're on a health kick right now) and then we will get gussied up and go to our favorite restaurant in Madison. We go there every month to celebrate; it's the first place we met, and we've made it ''our'' place. It's called David's Rumba Cafe, but we just call it Dave's. I always get the same thing- a Cadillac Burrito. But, now we are vegetarian, so I'll have to try something new!

Time to go back to work- why are there only 24 hours in the day?

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment