Thursday, October 8, 2009

Almost to Reading Week...

Good morning! I am sitting in a dark, empty classroom, listening to Pandora, and waiting for class to start in...wow, I'm earlier than I thought! Class doesn't start for half an hour. Oh well!
Today is Thursday of week 6 in my first semester of theological studies. Next week is the long awaited, coveted blessing that is given to us by the university, aka, reading week. During reading week, there are no classes, and we all get the chance to get caught up and/or get ahead in our reading/papers for the rest of the semester. It is going to be wonderful! A lot of students are going home, but because I have commitments here in Madison, and at school, I will be staying at Drew. Hopefully this will be a wonderfully productive week (crossing fingers!).
This weekend my family is coming up to visit!! Not all of my family, but half of them. Lauren (my sister) is visiting a college in northern Jersey on Monday, so she, my mother, and father will come and stay with me Saturday and Sunday. It will be so good to see them- I wish Sarah could come as well, but she has school on Monday. Boo Baltimore County, not giving students off for Columbus Day! I'm so excited to see them, because I miss my family. ANNNND....they will meet Evan!!
Who is Evan? Evan is my boyfriend. : ) I am so happy- he's a great guy, and he treats me wonderfully. It's so nice to be with someone who shares the same interests as you, respects you, and sincerely likes you. He is such a genuine, kind-hearted person, I already consider myself deeply blessed to have him in my life. For possibly the first time ever, I can be completely honest with my partner (to borrow m friend Shannon's term) about anything and everything. In addition to being intelligent, kind, and musical, he's also an AWESOME cook! I may, for the first time ever, pack on those 15 lbs. people talk about when living at college, lol.
Coming to Drew has been such a wonderful change for me, in soooo many ways. Thanks to God, everyday, for the community I have become a part of.
Here come my classmates! Time for church history...I think we're talking about St. Augustine today, who, as my teacher says, probably should have participated in a "12 step sex" challenged program. LOL.
Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment